Tuesday 14 June 2022

Linguine with Wieners

It is always a challenge to cook on am other stove top. My vacation rental has a nice kitchen, but just a ceramic stove top. These are a bit slow to get hot and even slower to cool down.



My first try in the morning was my Bialetti on the stove. It took ages to get a little bit of espresso to pour in my hot milk. I was nearly giving it up when finally some dark liquid was in the top. That took 4 times the time than on my induction hob.



Now cooking pasta and preparing a sauce was my goal. For the pasta I used a shallow pan with a lid, not the large pot provided. Using only a smaller amount of water did not really help with the cooking time.



Ingredients for 1:

100 g Linguine

2 long Wieners

1 small yellow onion in strips, 1 spring onion chopped, 2 garlic cloves chopped, fresh red chili

1 tbsp rapeseed oil, 1 tsp tomato paste, 150 ml starchy pasta water

Dried thyme, salt, pepper, chili flakes



No comments:

Post a Comment