Friday 19 January 2024

Cucumber in Chmeli Suneli Dressing Georgian style

I found a new spiceblend when I was looking for a soup recipe. I ordered some refills for existing spices and looked for the new one in the onlineshop. I got lucky.



I am not making soup today, but a cucumber salad. Dried herbs together with some fresh parsley are a good combination in a dressing. 

Chmeli Suneli comes from Georgia. Not the US state, but the country in the Caucasus. It is often used for stews and lamb meat.

The spiceblend contains coriander, dill, basil, tumeric, fenugreek, parsley, majoram, chili, tarragon, savoury, bay leaves, marigold leaves.

To have a creamy dressing I used curd, some olive oil and one of my Advent calender vinegars - the tomato blend, salt and pepper.

To prevent the cucumber from becoming soggy fast, I cut it in blocks instead of slices. They were salted and rested for 5 min, before the salt was washed off. The salad kept over a long time and was crunch still after hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment