Wednesday 17 January 2024

Deep fried Polock on Toast

I wanted to make a Sandwich. But it was too much fish and it had lots of thin fishbones in it. Better to see what I was eating, I kept it open faced.



This was the last dish I wanted to use the frying oil for. When it is cold now, I bag it and throw it in the trash. I rarely deep fry stuff. It is too expensive to use the oil just once. When there is a chance to prepare the dish in the Air fryer, I switch to it. Even when it is not sooo good as deep fried food.



At lunchtime I used the oil in the frying pan for the double coated Mini Mozzarella Balls. There was egg/cream mixture still there and I had enough Indian snack mix/cornflakes breading left. Waste not, want not. The pollock got the same breading as the Mozzarella.



That went very well with Remoulade sauce on toast.

Ingredients:

275 g pollock

2 slices of toast

Fish seasoning

1 egg, 25 ml double cream, 50 ml milk 

1 cup cornflakes, 1 /4 cup Indian hot snack mix

Remoulade



Oil for frying at 180 C for 4 min.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment