Friday 7 May 2021

Chocolate Pudding with red Cameroon Cocoa

I checked the Internet for good quality baking cocoa. In the supermarkets around me the choices are very limited. Mostly drinking chocolate with lots of sugar is offered.

Well known for baking cocoa is VanHouten.



The Dutch are famous for the type of unsweetened cocoa. Since I was a little kid, my Mom always used VanHouten to make hot chocolate or bake cakes with it.

I found VanHouten Red Cameroon Cocoa.



Yesterday I needed something comforting in the afternoon and decides on some pudding.

Not the Dr.Oetker kind out of a package, but the homemade version. I can't remember when I ever made chocolate pud without the trusty package kind.

I used the Thermomix, but since I had no reference how it worked without the helper, I underestimated to amount of starch to get the right consisteny. I ended up with chocolate milk at first. Then I poured it in a pot and added more starch and finally reached the right level of a classic pudding.



I tasted a bit hot from the pot- amazing! Even without any of my usual helpers such as egg, coffee granulates and chocolate pieces.

Ingredients:

500 ml whole milk, 45 g sugar, 50 g corn starch

2 1/2 tbsp red cameroon cocoa, 1 tsp vanilla extract

 











No comments:

Post a Comment