Sunday 16 May 2021

Pork Loin with an Onion Cap

This recipe is sooo old. My BFF made it often when she had guests. I have cooked a couple of times too, but long before I started blogging. It is comfort food, no diet food!



This Saturday I went on to a morning trip to a butcher in the middle of the Odenwald. A hill country not far from where I live. About 45 min by car. My BFF gave me a gift certificate for the butcher shop to get me out of the house and out of my working from home funk. I used that and shopped groceries in an other supermarket chain. I found lots of new things that will keep me busy in the kitchen for a while.



For this dish you just need a pan and the baking dish in the oven.



Preheat to 200 C

Recipe for 2:

340 g pork loin, 1 kg onions, 4 garlic cloves, 150 g raw ham in slices

2x 200 g creme fraiche, fresh or frozen mixed salad herbs, salt and pepper, olive oil



Use what ever kind of onions you have at home. I used a mix of yellow and red onions, shallots and spring onions. The small ones cut into rings, the large ones cut into strips. Chop the garlic. Use a wide pan and some oil. Sauté the onions until soft. Use a lid, that makes it easier. Take out of the pan to cool down a little.



Mix with creme fraiche and herbs.


Season the onions. Clean the silver skin off the pork loin and cut it into 2 cm slices. Season them lightly.  Place the ham in a baking dish and set on each one a piece of pork loin. 



Cover with the onion cream mix. Bake for 20 min. Serve with rice.



The dish can be eaten cold as well.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment