Monday 10 May 2021

Pork Belly Korean Style with Veggie Rice

I watched more YT videos from Aaron & Claire. He made pork belly and it looked delicious.



Getting the right size of pork belly slices is a bit of a challenge here. Mostly you get whole chunks of pork belly. But I was lucky to find the right size at one of our local Discounters. I did not go for the whole recipe from the video. I just went with the preparation method of the meat and made the rest free style. It worked out perfect.



I used a couple of my fresh herbs from this years stock and took Japanese parsley, Okinaewa spinach, Australian lemon leaves and pineapple sage to rip into pieces and eat with the dish. That gave a great freshness and awesome taste to the meat and rice.



The rice went with the yellow pepper and spring onion into the rice cooker. I added a little stock cube to it too.

The pork belly was seasoned with a special meat seasoning and rested for 15 min before it went into the pan. I put just a little oil in the pan to give it a headstart. The slices had a lovely light golden color, I took them out and cut them up into 1 inch strips and put the back into the pan to finish. Last a little dark soy sauce to deepen the color and some Korean red pepper flakes for some heat. Sprinkle some roasted sesame seeds over all and you are ready to eat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment