Thursday 21 March 2024

Angelhair Pasta with Labneh and Za'atar

This is a very herby pasta dish that needs lots of pasta water. Do save the water in the pot!



Since I was on a trip through Jordan a couple of years ago, I am a huge fan of Za'atar seasoning. Labneh is available here in our Turkish supermarkets. I sometimes eat some Labneh covered with Za'atar and a little olive oil with some flatbread for lunch. Some olives on the side.



I saw a Reel where someone raved about this cheesy pasta and I thought why not. I would never used that combination otherwise.



Recipe for 1:

80 g Angelhair pasta or spaghetti

3 garlic cloves

2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper

3 balls or 60 g Labneh

2 tsp Za'atar



Slice the garlic and start the pasta in less water to get more starch. Do not forget to put salt in it.

In a wide pan sauté the garlic in oil on medium low heat. Drop in the pasta directly from the pot when it is 1 min short of al dente. Be careful, it splatters.



Add the labneh and more water and stir until the cheese is completely mixed in. Add water....

Finish with pepper and lots if Za'atar.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment