Tuesday 5 March 2024

Chicken Salad with Sweet Corn

Something to use up a cooked chicken breast.





From my homemade stock I had some chicken breast sitting in the fridge. I am not a huge fan of boiled chicken breast because it is often on the dry side. But I needed a bit of lean stock.



Chicken salad is sold here in small containers in the supermarkets. But when you check the ingredients lists, the amount of chicken is often less than 50 %. The veggie part is minor too. Meat is expensive and all kinds of sauces are not. 



That is the reason I do not buy any of those. I used a small can of sweet corn, 1/2 of a huge red bell pepper and lots of fresh chives. The base of the sauce was a mustard veggie mix and a little bit of sour cream and some tasty fruity vinegar. Just enough sauce to bind the ingredients together.

Recipe for 4:

1 1/2 cooked chicken breasts

1/2 to 1 red bell pepper

1 small can sweet corn

Bunch of chives

3 tbsp Bautz'ner mustard veggie cream, 3 tsp sour cream, 1 tbsp mild vinegar

Salt, pepper

Serve it with bread or eat it as a salad.


No comments:

Post a Comment