Saturday 16 March 2024

Cauliflower Rice with brown Garlic Butter and Merlan Filet

My grocery shopping trip to France brought me a head of cauliflower and a piece of fish.



The huge head of cauliflower was on sale and I could not walk past it. €1,99 was a steal. I had no idea what to prepare with it, but I am seldom lost for ways to cook veggies.

Just take off a couple of florets and wash them and chuck them in a blender. Make it to rice consistency and put it in the Microwave with a lid.



The Merlan filet was on 30% off, because it expired the next day. Since I planned on eating fish anyway today, it came in handy. Merlan is a part of the cod family. The meat is firm and best way to eat it, is not doing a lot to it. Just seasoning and a bit of flour and a jump start in the pan with some oil and a finish with a little flake of butter. 



It took me cooking the fish just the time the cauliflower rice needed 5 min in the microwave.



The brown butter or Beurre noisette with lots of garlic was made earlier this morning. Just let the butter melt on medium high heat and add the chopped garlic. Stir constantly until the milk solids sink to the bottom of the pan and butter and garlic get darker. Pour in a little bowl to cool down.  I added some dried chives and some salt and pepper to it later. Mixed in the hot cauliflower rice it was a treat.



I finish with fresh chives that already is going strong on my balcony again for 4th season.

Ingredients:

1/2 head of cauliflower

Fresh chives

1 1/2 tbsp butter and 5 cloves of garlic, 1 tsp dried chives, salt and pepper

1 Merlan filet, fish seasoning, pepper, 1 tbsp grapeseed oil, 1 /2 tsp butter


No comments:

Post a Comment