Thursday 21 March 2024

Braised Endive with Sardines

This is endive or chicoree in an other form than a salad. 



I am trying to loose some weight and been looking for non vegan options. Everybody and their aunt is trying to tell me that becoming vegan is the solution with lots of TOFU.



Since I am highly allergic to birch and have lots of cross allergies, this is not my way. I love veggies and fruits, but I love cheese and fish and meat. Most kinds of nuts, seeds and pulses are great and have been always a part of my diet.

Many vegan recipes are on these blogs,  but I avoided all kinds of highly processed vegan "meat" options. Make it with veggie and I am in the boat and leave the pork or chicken taste to the pig or chicken.

The endive just needed a bit of sauce. I still had some amall jar of balsamic onion glaze from my Advent calender and a little Date vinegar. With salt and pepper and a dash of oil, it was perfectly braized. I only sneeked in a tablespoon of Noilly Prat.

The sardines were small and only needed a coating in flour and a little oil in the pan. They were ready in no time ( 4 min)!

Ingredients:

3 small heads of endive/chicoree

1 tbsp grapeseed oil

2 tsp balsamic onion glaze

1 tbsp Noilly Prat

Salt, pepper, fresh chives

No comments:

Post a Comment