Saturday 9 March 2024

Carrot Salad with hot oil popped Mustard Seeds

This is an Indian recipe.



I was looking for a different way to prepare a carrot salad to my ususal Thermomix one. But Korean style and Indian style had to battle it out. 



This time my vote went for Indian style. But both are finished with hot oil.




The Indian one exists in 2 different dressings. Either use lemon juice to finish or add yogurt. 



Recipe:

3 carrots

Cilantro or parsley

1 lemon

1 tsp agave syrup

3 tbsp hazelnuts or peanuts roasted

3 tbsp grapeseed oil

1 1/2 tsp brown mustard seeds, 1 tsp tumeric

Salt and pepper



1 used my Mandoline to grate the carrot pieces in fine strips. I covered the bowl and put that in the microwave for 90 seconds at 800 W.

Chopping hazelnuts and parsleya add agave syrup and seasoning the carrots.

In a small casserole I heated up the oil and added mustard seeds first. When they started to pop, the tumeric went in. The hot oil was poured over parsley and nuts. Then the fresh squeezed lemon juice was added.

Let it cool down before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment