Thursday 10 October 2024

Figs with Ricotta and Nuts

The second fig season is in full swing. We are on the mid of October and it is mostly warm and wet. The fig tree is hanging full the second time of the year.



Pouring rain yesterday, but I went out to pick the 3 ripe figs I saw from my balcony. Just enough to eat before I am off for my trip.



But standing on the other side of the tree outside, oh no! I had to grab a bag to harvest all ripe figs. 1,6 kg was my treasure.



Since they wont last over the weekend, I had to cook half of it to fig jam. Today I made a dessert.

Ricotta with honey and the fruit out of the figs with hazelnuts and walnuts. Topped with a little chocolate. What's not to like.



Best use a grapefruit spoon with a serrated edge to get the pulp out of the skin. Carefully, not to cut a hole in the skin.



Mix everything together, except the sprinkles and use a teaspoon to fill the figshells. Store in the fridge if you eat them later.



But still more figs to prepare.

Ingredients for 8 to 10 figs:

200 g Ricotta

3 tsp honey

2 tbsp chopped hazelnuts

1 tbsp chopped walnuts

Chocolate sprinkles


No comments:

Post a Comment