Thursday 10 October 2024

Stuffed Bell Peppers

This is an older kind of recipe. My Mom sometimes served stuffed peppers. I have never done it.



But cleaning out the fridge and using up some ingredients before going on a couple of car fun related trips is important. Putting all of these ingredients on the counter, the thinking process started. 



So many possibilities. But then I remembered the stuffed bell peppers my Mom did. To check cooking methods, Pinterest helped. I choose the less time consuming one. Preparing the mayor ingredients before stuffing them in the peppers to reduce the time in the oven. 



I started with cooking the rice. But not cooked as a dry fluffy rice. I cooked it with a good amount more water and added veg stock paste for taste and salt. I drained the rice and kept the liquid. 



I reheated the liquid and added tomato paste, ketchup and more veg stock paste. A little white wine to empty out the bit that still was in the bottle. No waste! That was the liquid needed to cook the peppers in later.



I chopped the green onions and garlic and browned the ground beef first in the pan, then added them. Tomato paste and hot paprika paste came next and needed 2 min to cook. I spooned just a little of red sauce in and seasoned the mix well. Now in with the rice and stirred well. Off the heat.



Preheat the oven 200 C and look for a small baking dish.

Wash the peppers and carefully cut off the top. Take the seeds out and wash them inside. Spoon the warm mix inside and press it in. Set the lid back on and place it in the baking dish. The leftover mix add to the sauce and pour it in.

Bake for 35 to 40 min.

Ingredients for 2:

2 red bell peppers

250 g ground beef

2 tbsp oil

2 green onions, 4 garlic cloves

75 g longgrain rice

450 ml water, 2 tbsp veg stock paste

60 ml white wine

2 tbsp tomato paste, 2 tbsp hot pepper paste

Salt, pepper, paprika, smoked paprika, chopped rosemary, thyme, 

No comments:

Post a Comment