Tuesday 15 October 2024

Spaghetti with canned smoked Herring in sauce

Being at home just for one day does not inspire a cooking session. But I was hungry and looking for a quick solution.



Pasta is quick. But without a trip to the grocery store I had to work with a protein I had in stock.

I made this kind of pasta dishes before, but we have such a variety of canned fishes that the endresult is always something new.

I had a very large spring onion in the veggie drawer of my fridge. I sauteed it in oil and added the fish with the sauce to it. I garlic clove did not hurt anybody and went in too. I used two forks to pull the fish apart to heat it through. The spaghetti went in then with a good gluck of pasta water.

Just some fresh ground black pepper and the dish was ready to enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment