Saturday 16 April 2016

Salade de Museau de Boeuf

After my trip to the Garden of England I needed to go on a bigger grocery hunt and my way, as always, was to France. Grocery shopping in Alsace is the nearest way to get to some French supermarkets.  I love the produce I can get there, some of them are not available here in Germany.


A beef salad of the rare kind is the Museau de Boeuf. The meat is in very thin slices and it comes from the mouth of the animal. It may be strange to many people, it looks as if there is not enough meat but a lot of hard gel like pieces. But trust me, it tastes great. But you need to make it into a salad to really enjoy it.

recipe:
200 g Museau de Boeuf sliced
2 spring onions
60 g tiny cornichons
2 tbsp parsley
1 tbsp dill
chop everything fine and mix it with the Boeuf slices


add the dressing:
1 tbsp sweet pear mustard
1 tsp agave syrup
3 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 tbsp cider vinegar
1 dash of cipotle tabasco
1 pinch of dried salad herbs
salt and pepper


You can either eat it with a nice piece of baguette and butter or with hash browns- or in my case I had some leftover potato dumplings, which I baked in a pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment