Saturday 30 April 2016

Linguine with red beet horsereddish sauce and Mussels

I looked through a couple of newspaper clips my friend is always sending to me. On a side I found a couple of Surfer Dudes who travelled from Central America to the south of the continent. They wrote a cook book "Salt and Silver" with stories about their surfing times.They cook mostly organic vegetarian food. I just ordered it online, I am a fan of food from Central and South America.

This pasta dish is from Panama
The recipe I found in the newspaper clipping was talking to me the moment I laid my eyes on.
The only thing to buy was some beets. They had it without sides, and that is absolutely OK, but I do not eat vegetarian each day. AND I bought this cute plates today, so I needed some seafood to go with it!

recipe:
300 g Linguine
200 g cooked red beets
100 g creme fraiche
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
3 tbsp Horseradish with some cream
1 tsp honey
1 tbsp butter
pepper
some water cress and chives
6 St.Jacques Mussels
2 squid tubes

Cook the pasta until al dente.
In the meantime, blend the beets and put them in a pot with the  creme fraiche, horseraddish and mustard and on medium heat cook them until well combined. Stir often.
Drain the pasta.
Add the honey and the butter to the sauce and let the butter melt, season.
Mix everything with the pasta, add some greens and that is basically it.
Clean the mussels and the squid, with a sharp knife slice the squid on the inside a bit, so it does curl in the pan, season everything.
Flashfry the squid for a minute, get it out of the pan and give the mussels one minute on each side.

No comments:

Post a Comment