Friday 30 September 2016

Cauliflower Potato Curry- vegetarian

I wanted to have a vegetarian dish to share and I had a cauliflower head sitting in the veggie basket.
Some Potatoes - not longer looking so fresh and some other things to go around.


I thought about the cooking method while I peeled the potatoes and looked at my Thermomix and knew how, get most of everything going in there without so many pots.

recipe:
1 small head cauliflower
350 g potatoes
100 g frozen peas
3 small tomatoes
1 tbsp Madras curry
3 red onions
5 cloves of garlic
1 red chili
5 cm ginger
3 limequats
5 tbsp creme fraiche
1 tsp dried chili
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp fenugreek seeds
1 tsp coriander seeds
7 cardamom pods
1 tsp black sesame seeds
1 tsp brown mustard seeds
1 tbsp coconut oil


I stuck the potatoes into the inner basket and put the steamer on top and filled that with cauliflower, icy peas, some tomatoes and a good sprinkle of mild Madras Curry Powder. One liter of salted hot water and I was cooking. 35 minutes later, a good result.
Make rhe paste with chili onions and ginger.


I just needed a pan and got my whole spices in some coconut oil going, added the fresh onion, garlic, ginger and chili paste and cooked it for a while, 5 tbsp of creme fraiche and a bit of water. Seasoned with salt and pepper. I juiced 3 limequats on top.
That was the sauce to go over the veggies. Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment