Saturday 24 September 2016

French Blueberry Tarte

I was looking for an rectangular tarte form in all our household and kitchen stores and the big supermarkets. But I had no luck. I know these forms from my many trips to France and was bored of the round ones.
When I checked Amazon, I found it and ordered it online.


Last weekend I was in kind of a baking frenzy and besides many different breads made a shortcrust pastry apple tarte. Half of the dough was leftover and sitting in my fridge.

The day after I received the tarte form I was curious how it would work out and wanted to get rid of the dough, so I put the dough into the crust and with baking paper and creamic beans I prebaked it for 10 minutes. Get the beans with the paper out and bake for 10 min more - all on 180 C

recipe for 2 tartes:
300 g flour
125 g  cold butter
40 g sugar
1 tbsp vanilla sugar
1 pinch salt
1 egg
2 tbsp water


Use cold hands or as I did a kitchen machine. Divide the dough and put it into plastic wrap and store it in the fridge for 30 min. Take it out 10 min before you start to roll the dough.



Cook a vanilla pudding or make a French creme patissiere- I cooked the pud!
Set the blueberries on top and use a bit of fresh mint and some icing sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment