Friday 29 September 2017

Celery Soup with Sucuk Sausage



What can you cook when you have a huge piece of celery stalks sitting around. I bought this last Saturday because I needed 2 stalks for my lentil salad. An other one I used for some other dish.


I had the feeling that every time I cut off a stalk, 2 new ones grown back over night.
A bit of celery in a soup is great, but chopping it all up and freezing it would take up to much space in my freezer.
I played around with many ideas in my head. I came up with a soup.
A single pair of Turkish Sucuk sausages still sat in my fridge from the last trip to the Turkush supermarket and it was the hot kind.

Recipe:
500 g celery
2 beef stock cube
2 sucuk sausages, hot
2 spring onions
2 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp cream
salt and pepper
1 tsp Pul bieber


Clean onions and garlic and saute in oil.
top and tail the celery stalks and chop them into half inch pieces. Add to the onions anx cook 3 min.
Add 750 ml beef stock and cook until soft. Use a stick blender and make a fine soup.
Season and add the cream.
peel the skin off the sausage and half it lengthwise. Warm up in the soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment