Monday 4 September 2017

White Rocky Road

I needed something to feed my coworkers again. First thought was baking a cake, but when I checked how many of them are actually in the house tomorrow I went against it.


OK. Bake some cookies.
Then I found a nice recipe of Nutella muffins on Pinterest, but the amount of Nutella left in the jar cancelled that idea.
While looking for the Nutella I found 4 slabs of white chocolate, some candied cherries and lots of other things.
The recipe of Rocky Road popped into my head.
I have bought some butter cookies from the Bretagne last time I was in France. I was ready to go.

recipe:
400 g white chocolate
50 g crushes almonds
50 g dried cranberries
3 candied ginger sticks
1 tbsp goji berries
50 g dessicated coconut
2 hands full of mini marshmallows
125 g crushed butter cookies
50 g candied cherries


That was what I found in my cupboards. Feel free to use whatever you´ve got on hand!


Use a pot with boiling water and set a heatproof bowl on top. Crush the chocolate bars and let them melt. It takes a long time because you need to melt them on medium heat only.

In a second bowl, crush the cookies, chop the cherries and mix everything thoroghly.

Put the dry stuff in the bowl you took off the heat and stir well until everything is coated in  chocolate.

Use a baking dish and enough clingfilm to cover it later with it.
Pour the mix in, close the clingfilm and start to press down and form a slab of chocolate.
Set aside and let it set again. You can let it set even at room temperature.

Cut it into small chunks and serve it to the hungry masses.




No comments:

Post a Comment