Tuesday 26 September 2017

Lentil Salad with smoked duck breast

I just ate this salad and said WOW!


I made the second recipe from an organic magazine issue "natürlich".  The Chicory Watermelon Salad was on the same page.
I love lentils and it sounded good but I never thought it so wonderful.

It is easy to prepare. I just did not use raw garlic, just garlic powder and I blanched my onions for 30 seconds. I hate to eat raw onions in the evening.

Use a very good balsamic vinegar and your favourite olive oil and you are good to go. I ate a couple of slices of smoked duckbreast with it, but keep it vegetarian if you like.


recipe:
240 g cooked brown lentils
1 red onion
2 spring onions
2 stalks of celery
80 g cherry tomatoes
6 caper apples
1/2 bunch parsley


dressing:
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp wholegrain mustard
1 tsp Dijon mustard
salt and pepper


Drain the lentils.
peel and slice the red onion into half rings, cut the spring onion and blanche it for 30 seconds.
Cut the caper apples into 3 or 4 chunks.
Half the tomatoes


No comments:

Post a Comment