Sunday 24 September 2017

Onigiri with Chanterelle Mushrooms and Umeboshi

I love Japanese cuisine!





The Sueddeutsche Zeitung had an other recipe page and I saw chef Tohru Nakamura made something new again. He made Onigiri with fresh morels and sour and salted plum.
The morels are not in season here and the dried ones are sooo expensive. I found a bag with 10 g for 15€. No way!
Instead I bought a bag of dried chanterelle mushrooms 30 g for 3,99€. I just used half of the package and can put the rest in some meat sauce next. That was a far better value.  It is nescessary to use Japanese shortgrain rice, otherwise the onigiri have a different texture. I buy this rice at 5 kg on the internet. The same time I ordered rice, I bought Umeboshi. They are amazing mixed in rice. I tried them the first time in Kyoto at Nishiki Market.



recipe:
15 g dried chanterelle mushrooms
1 piece of spring onion green
1 tbsp dark sesame oil
1 tbsp white sesame seeds

1 tbsp soy sauce
250 g Japanese shortgrain rice
2 tbsp parsley
4 umeboshi plums
2 sheets of noori







Soak the mushrooms in cold water for 30 minutes, drain and wash the mushrooms again.
Drain.
Chop the green of the spring onion in fine rings and heat the sesame oil in a pan.
Put mushrooms and greens in and cook for 10 minutes, stir often.


Put on  a chopping board and finely dice.
Destone the plums and chop.
Cook the rice.
Chop the parsley and in a dry pan roast the sesame seeds.
When the rice is done, put it in a wide bowl and stir in soy sauce, mushrooms and parsley and a little salt. Let it get to a temperature were you can handle it.
With wet hands form rice balls and stick a bit of umeboshi in the middle. Form some onigiri trinangle shaped ball.


Cut noori sheet into strips and for the ones you will eat soon, wrap the noori around. The others store seperate.
I had some prawn salad and some fresh cooked prawns and some pickled veg with it.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog..! I really loved reading through this article... Thanks for sharing such an amazing post with us and keep blogging...
    buy flavours online

    ReplyDelete