Wednesday 29 November 2017

Eating out on Curacao, Part 1

I started the day with a plate of Grandma´s Pancake with ham here in the Restaurant on the Premises.
A good dollop of pancake syrup made it even better. Most of the vacationers here eat the plate with eggs and bread, but I was looking for something different. A plate of scrambled eggs can easily be made in the apartment kitchen.


The pancake is thin and has a good colour and the ham slices are not too salty. I had that pancake on the first morning after my arrival with smoked bacon, that was a bit to intense for my taste.

I went to Punda in Willemstad in the morning, eager to try some of the food there. I did not check the harbour information before I left and I was confronted with 3 cruise ships and their amount of guests that were swarming through the old town. That is no fun. On  Friday there is only one ship in the harbour, so I will try again.
I prepared a short lunch at home, a good plate of seasoned rice, bell pepper and the rest of my raw Fillet Americana. It became a good ground beef in the sauce.


recipe:
60 g seasoned fine mince beef or Filet Americana
1/2 yellow bell pepper
1/2 red onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp parsley
1/2 cup rice with beef stock
chili flakes
paprika
thyme
salt and pepper


Later I went out to test the local ice cream. We have an Italian ice cream parlour near by down at the beach. It does not only serve ice cream, but sandwiches and pasta too. But the main part is for the ice cream.
I had an Cup Hawaii.

Prepared with lots of fresh cut pineapple, syrup and ice cream. Very fruity and tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment