Thursday 9 November 2017

Jerusalem Artichoke farmer lunch

The small knobbly veggies are rare to find here. They are mostly unknown here. I bought a small bag of them and prepared them like raw potato wedges.


They were eaten long before people discovered the potatoes. I told some of my coworkers that I planned to cook the tubers and each and everybody told me they never eaten or seen them.

It is a bit fiddly to peel them. They will oxidize quickly, so store them in cold water after peeling and cutting them into small wedges.

Recipe:
350g topinambour
1 spring onion
60 g raw ham
1 egg
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
Fresh chives

Saute the wedges in oil for a couple of minutes. Season. Add chopped onion and ham.
The topinambour need a bit time to get a bit crisp. Crack in the egg and mix up quickly. Finish with chives.





No comments:

Post a Comment