Sunday 3 December 2017

Bay Leaf and Ham Spaghetti

When you have a limited choice of herbs to cook, think outside the box and try something new.


I often use bay leaves in all kinds of stocks, soups and slow cooked meats and bolognese sauces.

I haven´t used it in a light spaghetti sauce yet. I had some ham cubes in the fridge, a bit of cream cheese and some basil leaves. That should go well with a plate full of spaghetti.

The bay leaf was just an idea that popped into my head when I checked the dried spices I brought over with me. It worked perfectly well.

recipe:
100 g spaghetti
1 chicken stock cube
1/4 red onion
1 clove of garlic
1 bay leaf
50 g cubed ham
2 tbsp cream cheese
1 tsbsp butter
2 tbsp white wine
salt and pepper
1 tbsp basil leaves


Cook the spaghetti in chicken stock, drain and keep some of the stock.
Peel and chop onion and garlic and saute in butter until tender, add the bay leaf during that.
Add the ham cubes and cook for two more minutes.
Add wine and 2 tbsp of chicken stock and bring to a boil again.
Season and add the cream cheese and let it melt into the sauce.
Put the spaghetti in and finish  with basil.



No comments:

Post a Comment