Friday 22 December 2017

It is still Savoy cabbage left

A whole head of cabbage is a lot to eat. I like cabbages but I seldom find some minature ones. I try to eat all of it, throwing half a head into the trash bin is not my style.
After two different menues containing Savoy cabbage, I finished it off today.



I shredded the rest, left out the hard middle stems and cooked it.
Some Wiener sausages went very well with it.

Recipe:
1/3 head of Savoy cabbage
30 ml white wine
30 g lean bacon
1 tbsp oil
2 spring onions
1 clove of garlic
100 ml beef stock
3 tsp creme fraiche
1/4 tsp caraway seed
Nutmeg
Salt and pepper
Pul biber
2 Wiener sausages

Saute the onions and garlic with the bacon in oil, add the cabbage and season well. Pour in wine and stock.
Close the lid and reduce the heat and cook for 15 min.
Finish with creme fraiche.
Warm the Wieners and eat them with the cabbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment