Wednesday 6 December 2017

Spinach with Sweet corn and peanuts

That sounds like an unlikely combination. But no, together with rice cooked in stock, bay leaf and herbes de Provence it tasted really good.


I checked the local tourist supermarket for fresh veggies, but the offer is small and quite pricy. I found a package of Dutch baby spinach and decided to have a vegetarian lunch.  Nothing of the meat that was offered spoke to me. I had shopped a small can of sweet corn earlier last week in a Mini Market somewhere in the east of the island and opted for putting it into the spinach and not mix it with the cooking rice.

When I had everything in the pan and the rice was done, I checked the seasoning and had to adjust it a bit, a bag with some leftover Teriyaki peanuts caught my eye.
Some crunch in a dish is always good, so a handfull went into the spinach too.


recipe:
200 g baby spinach
1/4 red onion
1 clove of garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small can of sweet corn
1 handfull toasted flavooured peanuts
chili, salt, pepper, celery seed
1 cube veg stock
1/2 cup of rice
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp herbes de Provence

No comments:

Post a Comment