Sunday 14 January 2018

Roasted Chickpeas and Sweet Potato Salad - vegan

I was looking for a starter for my dinner with friends today. Sweet potatoes are now often found in German households, so I opted for some salad. A potato salad was too boring for me and I went to my pin board on Pinterest where I collected many ideas over the years.


After a lot of search time I found it and made the idea as the base to my own recipe.
Fresh onions in a salad are not to my liking and raw garlic in the evening falls into the same category.
I pickled the onions after they went into boiling water for less than a minute. Then added lime juice salt and sugar and put them on the balcony into the cold. You can put them in the fridge, if you do not have winter weather.
I love my Euro fridge - European winter time.

I used canned chickpeas. I rubbed off the paper thin skin off all the peas. That makes them a lot better to digest. Good Arabic households do that for their guests too. It is a boring kind of job but has to be done to serve great food.
The chickpeas were seasoned and sesame added and went with the peeled and bite size chopped sweet potatoes, seasoned too, into the oven.

recipe:
400 g can of chickpeas
550 g sweet potato chunks
1/2 bunch of parsley
3 tbsp yuzu5 tbsp olive oil
2 large garlic cloves
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp zaatar
1 tsp ancho chili
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tsp black sesame seeds
1/2 tsp herbes de Provence
Radiccio
1 tsp sugar
1 lemon
Salt and pepper
Olive oil

Take the roasted veg out of the oven and let them cool down.
Mix Yuzu, olive oil, zaatar and salt and pepper and pour the dressing over.
Chop parsley with the stalks and add it too.
Add black sesame seeds.
Take the pickled onions out of the fridge and add them without the liquid.


In a wide pan heat some oil and sprinkle some sugar in, place 5 single radiccio leaves in and add lemon juice, season. When the leaves are soft, get the on a plate and place the salad on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment