Tuesday 6 April 2021

Easter Bunny Cake

It is never a good idea to forget to save a recipe video on your device. I 've watched it 3 times one day, then it was gone and I did not find it again. But the idea was great and I wanted to bring a cake to the Easter lunch at my friend' s place. 



I am good at winging recipes. I see something and the method or some of the ingredients stick with me. Then I make my own version of something I have seen before. But doing it with baked goods is not such a great idea.



I remembered that the template should go on a DIN A4 paper. I took one out of my printer and put a plate upside down on it to get the right size. 21 cm diametre for the big piece. That was the template and I cut it out. First step done. Now my bunny needed ears. They needed a size that looked good and fit in my cake container. I draw one ear, folded the paper and cut out the 2 ears.



Chocolate Sponge Cake cut into 2 layers, cut out the middle with a ring cutter of one layer.

Vanilla Sponge Cake cut into 2 layers, cut out the middle with ring cutter of one layer. Use a template for the ears.




Spread Cherry Liqueur on each side, then spread jam over it. Pipe the filling on each layer.

Decorate with fresh raspberries, Easter eggs and sprinkles. You can make smaller cakes as well.



Filling:

600 ml double cream, 350 g Mascarpone, 200 g cream cheese, 90 g sugar, 1 tbsp muscovado vanilla sugar, 7 x 8 g cream stabilizer, 1 tsp vanilla paste

200 g raspberry rhubarb jam, 60 ml cherry liqueur

White chocolate Easter eggs, fresh raspberries, fondant eggs, sprinkles

Cut a vanilla and a chocolate layer of the sponge into 21 cm pieces. Use a 10 cm food ring to cut out the middle.



The two other sponge cake slices will become the ears. Cut them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment