Thursday 28 October 2021

Celeriac with Labneh

I love the big heads of celeriac. Mine had 1, 2 kg. Many people just use the veg to enhance the flavour in soups or stews. It is much more versatile.



This is a idea I found on Pintetest. Yotam Ottolenghi came up with it. There is not much of a recipe. Prep time is 5 min. But it takes 3 hours in the oven.



I ate my celeriac with labneh. That is a rich yogurt style thick cream. I added fresh herbs, green onion, lime zest and garlic flakes to it. A little smoked sea salt and some white pepper.




The oven needs 170c fan.

Wash and brush the celeriac. Get off any dirt. Cut off the wriggly bit and place that down on baking paper. Brush the celeriac with olive oil and salt it. I added a little more seasoning from Trader Joe's



No comments:

Post a Comment