Friday 22 October 2021

Chicken and Ginger Congee in a Slow Cooker

The slow cooker was still on my work top from lamb shank dish. Before taking it back into storage in the basement, it was used once again.



Since I had Congee for the first time at the Dubai Airport restaurant, I wanted to make it the proper way.  That means with lots of time. Best way for that method is my trusty slow cooker. And I wanted to start my day with a breakfast congee.



In the evening I put all essential ingredients in the slow cooker and closed the lid. The smell that started during the night was awesome and I was looking forward for my breakfast in the morning.

Ingredients for 4:

3 chicken legs- whole with skin and bones

200 g Jasmine rice - 3 times washed

5 slices of fresh ginger, smashed, 1 bay leaf, 1 1/2 tsp salt

700 ml water

topping:

2 hard boiled eggs, spring onions, parsley, light soy sauce, toasted sesame seeds



Place the ingredients in the slow cooker, close the lid and turn it on low for 9 hours. Get the chicken legs out and strip off the meat and fish all the bones out. If the congee is a bit too thick for your taste, use hot veg or chicken stock to loosen it a bit.

Pour a portion in a bowl and garnish it with 2 quarters of egg, greens and sesame seeds and a little bit of soy sauce. Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment