Thursday 14 October 2021

Trevisano Radicchio and Okra fried Rice

A day ago I tossed a small package of 10 Okras with some Basmati rice and veg stock in my rice cooker. I had some leftover pork from the day before and wanted a quick lunch during my working from home. The pork was gone after that lunch, but a small bowl of okra and rice stood on the counter later. It went into the fridge and I had no idea what to do with it.



The next evening I pulled a Trevisano Radicchio out of a lettuce bag. It was a mixed salad bag and the purple radicchio did not inspire me to eat it as a salad. I wanted to have it sauteed and warm. I remembered my okra rice bowl. Now how to bring them together. Use an egg and make some fried rice.  

Since everything tastes better with cheese I used French La Vache qui ri cheese blocks as a garnish. 

Very tasty.


Ingredients:

1 Trevisano Radicchi, 1 spring onion, 1 tbsp olive oil

1/3 cup Basmati with cooked Okra in veg stock

1 egg, 3 cheeses, salt and pepper



Cut the lettuce in small strips and chop the onion. Heat up the oil and give the onions 2 min, add the lettuce and cook 3 min more.

Push in the cold okra rice and let it fall apart and get hot. Stir well. Make a free place in the middle and add a little more oil. Break the egg in and let it set 1 min. Now stir everything together. Season with salt and pepper and unwrap the cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment