Monday 11 October 2021

Lindor Filled Scallop Pastry

I was watching short videos on Pinterest. One stuck to my mind. Puff pastry filled with Lindor chocolate balls. The fun part of this video was the hard shell of a scallop as a pastry cutter.



I have some of these shells at home when I prepare scallops and want to present them in a fancy way. A package of round puff pastry is sitting in my downstairs fridge and a Sunday afternoon with something baked sounded nice.



Preptime and baking time are very short. I talked to my neighbor when I took the pastry up to my apartment and told her that I would ring her bell with a freshly baked filled pastry. She was astonished how quick I was up to present her a plate.



Ingredients:

1 round sheet of puff pastry,

1 egg yolk, 3 Lindor chocolate balls - dark with 80 %  ( but fell free to use what ever kind of Lindor balls you have at home.)

Preheat the oven 200 C.

Use a shallot shell and press it on the edge of the puff pastry. You will need two cutouts for one ball. The round puff pastry just allows for 3 pieces.



Cut two shells out, brush one around the edges with egg yolk, set the Lindor in the middle and place a second shell pastry cutout on top. Brush with egg. Repeat.



The scraps were tossed in cinnamon sugar and baked as well. Do not waste them.

Bake for 12 minutes and eat while still warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment