Monday 25 October 2021

Pumpkin Waffles

This is an APRON recipe I found on YT.



The other thing I found was a can of pumpkin puree in my storage. I bought that last year to make pumpkin pie, but never done it. 



These waffles are a step up from pie for me. During my many visits in America, I tried different slices of pumpkin pie and was seldom liking them much. Either too sweet, over spiced or soggy, they did not speak to my palate.



Recipe for 8 waffles, Belgian style:

120 g flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp baking soda, 1/8 tsp salt

70 g melted butter, 30 g sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 240 ml whole  milk, 2 large eggs

Allspice, mixed spice, cinnamon 1/4 tsp each - or use what you like




Make the waffle batter and let it rest 30 min

Use a deep Belgian waffle iron and bake them 3 to 4 min.



Serve with Maple syrup

No comments:

Post a Comment