Thursday 14 April 2022

Asparagus Wild Garlic Pesto Bread

The White Gold Season started.  It is Asparagus time!

The prices this year are steep and I've been told that they will increase by next year even more. But I hope by end of May that the harvest is plenty and the prices go down.

On my one day trip I bought a wonderful loaf of bread at a local rural bakery. It is a cubed bread and great for any kind of toast or fried bread.

I made wild garlic pesto last week and had enough left for a new recipe. The Black Forest Ham was from one of the four butcher shops I visited on my day trip too.



It became a crispy topping and the grease was used to fry the bread slices. No waste of a good bacon grease.



The asparagus was peeled and went in the steamer basket of my Thermomix. Steaming the stalks is much better than cooking them in water.



Cook 500 g asparagus and keep it warm.

Fry off the 4 slices Black Forest Ham until crispy, drain on kitchen paper.



Bake two sliced bread on the grease, add a little oil if needed.

Spread the wild garlic pesto on the bread

Place the asparagus on top, break up the ham and add a little more pesto.




No comments:

Post a Comment