Friday 15 April 2022

Easter Eggs

In my family it is a tradition to color hard boild eggs on Good Friday. 



I grew up with doing it with my parents. But over the decades it got a lot easier to use ready made coloring. But I still remember onion peels and red beet peels being used by my grandma. Now these methods are back if you want to go the organic route.



There are so many different styles available now. This time I went for the super easy way. Coloring the eggs in cold color.



In a package I've bought 5 different small color tablets. They need vinegar to develop the color. A little amount of concentrated white vinegar was left in a bottle. I mixed 2 tbsp concentrate with 8 tbsp of water and used 2 tbsp of that mix for each color. 250 ml cold water on top and stir well. 



Just boil the eggs and place them directly from the pot in the colored liquid. Best not to do it on a wooden chopping board!

After 5 min the eggs are ready to get out. Drain them on kitchen paper.



No comments:

Post a Comment