Sunday 17 April 2022

Hungarian Pork with Paprika Cream Sauce

On my one day trip, I shopped at 4 different butchers in 4 different towns. Each had something special and was known for their line of goodies.



One butcher shop prepares different kinds  of shredded seasoned pork. The ingredients and the kind of seasoning change. The most well known is their Greek style Gyros. That is awesome. 



But I saw something with a reddish seasoning and some sweet corn kernels. I asked and was told that it was Hungarian paprika seasoning. The sales person told me to add onions and some cream. In the back of the shop I saw some small bags with small potato dumplings. They make them there too. They remind people of Gnocchi, but are a little different.



I added not only onions but garlic, fresh herbs, a dash of white wine and double cream. The result was very tasty. The potato dumplings went in a pan with butter and nutmeg to get some color.


No comments:

Post a Comment