Monday 18 April 2022

Potato Curry with deep fried hard boild egg - Aloo Anday Ka Salan

This is a Pakistani dish, vegan -without the added eggs.



While cooking the eggs for my Easter Egg dying, I ended with 2 cracked ones. Since I am not a fan of hard boild eggs, I looked for an idea. I watched YT Beryl Sheryshewski again, this time egg dishes.



This came up and the idea of deep frying hard boild eggs was absolutely new to me. I had to give it a try. The Pakistani recipe looked good too. 



The recipe uses fenugreek seeds. I toss them in oil or ghee often when I cook Indian dishes. They are part of my Indian spice treasure box. Only  my curry leaves jar was empty. The recipe works well without them.



Recipe for the curry:

2 tbsp mustard oil, 1 tsp fenugreek seeds, 1 tsp brown mustard seeds, 1 tsp tumeric

125 g tomatoes, 1 yellow onion, 4 cloves of garlic, 100 g tomatoes

250 g boiled potatoes, 3 tbsp parsley

100 ml veg stock, salt, pepper, chili

Eggs:

2 hard boild eggs

1,5 inch high oil for frying



Heat up mustard oil in a pan an toss in fenugreek and mustard seeds to pop. Add chopped onions and garlic and the tumeric. Cook 3 min. Now in with tomatoes and potatoes. They need some veg stock and seasoning.



Cook for 10 min and finish with parsley.

Fry the peeled eggs for 5 min, rolling them around in the oil.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment