Sunday 10 April 2022

Chinese Hot Pot

I bought a pot with a division line in the middle. All the Mikey Chen videos inspired me. His favourite are Hot Pots.



But that means I had to make two soups, and a lot of them too. It is a large pot.

For the mild side I went for chicken stock. The hot side was a beef broth.



A good chicken stocks needs chicken legs. The bone and the meat are important for a good stock. The usual veggies went in too.



I bought some lean beef mince for the hot stock. I browned it and roasted the veggies in the pot before I poured the water in. Both stocks cooked for 75 min. It was cold outside and both pots went on the balcony over night to stay cold. The next day I took the fat off the chicken soup, there was none on the beef soup.



A couple of Chinese dried chilis went with lots of hot paprika paste in the beef soup. That made it spicy.



I bought some Turkish chicken kebap skewers fresh from the Turkish supermarket. I choose the lean beef meat for the mince there too. Both great quality.

An Entrecôte piece went in the freezer for 30 min. I sliced it very thin afterwards.

Rice and mushrooms were served with some hot sauce.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment