Sunday 10 July 2022

Carrot and Kohlrabi Slaw

Summer Sunday and some roastbeef for the Teppanyaki. 



What is the best side dish and not so heavy? Prepare a salad. Since leafy greens are not my go to when I hear salad, I checked my veggie drawer for some alternatives and got lucky. Don't forget the 2 apples sitting in a bowl on the dining room table forgotten for a while and a little worse for wear.



Some walnuts added more bite to the salad. The peparation was fast, since I used my Thermomix. Salad dressing went in with the veggies and apples and I only had to dump it in the bowl with the chopped walnuts and some fresh herbs.



Ingredients for 4:

2 carrots, 1 large kohlrabi, 2 apples

75 g walnuts chopped, 1/2 lemon juiced

1 tsp veg stock paste, 1 tbsp sour cream, 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar, 2 tbsp rapeseed oil, 1 tsp honey, 1 tsp ginger syrup, lemon salt, pepper

1 stalk grapefruit mint leaves, 1 tbsp parsley



Use a food processor or a box grater to prep veggies and apples.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment