Sunday 17 July 2022

Leftover BBQ Sausage 2.0

Having lots of sausages on the BBQ and not enough hungry people, some of the sausages are sitting in the fridge and nobody wants them. Well, not the way they are. I was invited and on my way home I had a small Tupperware container with some veggies and 3 Bratwursts.



Normally I would eat them the other day either cold with some mustard on a piece of bread or microwaved hot again as a Curry Wurst. That is one of Germany´s favourite street foods.



But I wanted them to shine again and went and checked Pinterest. I found some interesting recipes to make a decent meal out of cold cooked sausages.



The veggies I had in my Tupperware container were sliced red bell peppers and tomatoes. They went with some stuff from my fridge in to the dish.



recipe for 2:

3 cooked sausages

1 spring onion, 2 celery stalks, 1 red bell pepper, green chili

2 tomatoes, 1 tbsp hot paprika paste, 3 tbsp Ayvar mild, salt and pepper, parsley or other fresh herbs

1 tbsp olive oil,  60 g sliced cheese - I used some Turkish yellow cheese that did not have a lot of taste on its own

Preheat the oven 180 C fan.



Chop the 3 veggie and place them in an oven proof dish that is oiled.



Use a Mini chopper  and add the tomatoes, parsley and pastes to it, season and blizz up. Pour over the veggies. Place the sausages on top and then the cheese slices.

Bake for 20 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment