Wednesday 13 July 2022

Pasta with Spinach and Bacon

Dinner food that is tasty and easy to cook.



No need to run to the grocery store, just take all bits and pieces you can find and feel like a composer who writes a song. Often only inspiration brings the best results.

This is the kind of recipe. I had a bag of baby spinach that was planned to go in a vegan spinach soup with tahini swirl on top. But I had vegan recipes two days on a row and wanted a bit of meat. One of the best kinds is bacon. The bacon package was sitting in the fridge. 



Some chunk of red bell pepper, some spring onions and a single garlic were available. While checking my fridge, some older and now harder slices of cheese caught my eye. My jar of veg stock paste comes in handy for recipes like this. It adds flavour. I needed a bit of sauce, not only pasta water. On my counter top a bottle of Noilly Prat has its place. A good gluck helped with the sauce. The washed spinach goes in the pan and wilts.


Talk about seasoning. Not much salt is needed. The bacon, the cheese and the veg stock are salty. Lots of freshly ground pepper is the answer. You can use a little creme fraiche if you want it a bit creamier. Some fresh herbs are welcome too.

Cook the pasta al dente and finish it in the sauce. That is the best result.


No comments:

Post a Comment