Friday 15 July 2022

Drumsticks with Cornflakes and Panko Coating

I used my trusty Air Fryer. I am a huge fan of this kitchen gadget. The drumsticks get super crunchy without a lot of fat.



I made chicken fingers with cornflakes coating last week and took the leftovers together with the honey mustard sauce over to a friend. She told me both was awesome.

I did not have enough cornflakes. Adding 1/4 panko breadcrumbs to the mix was a good idea. Eating them with my fingers did not leave grease behind. 



Chicken pieces need a dipping sauce. Nothing fancy. Just 2 parts mayo and 4 parts sweet chili sauce.



Recipe for 6 drumsticks:

2 cups cornflakes, 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs

3/4 cup flour, 2 eggs

Chicken seasoning



Take a sharp knife and make 2 or 3 cuts in each drumstick. They cook faster this way. Season them and season flour and eggs too.

Ground the cornflakes medium fine with larger bits and mix with the panko.

Coat the drumsticks in flour, egg and mix and spray with a little oil. Put in the air fryer at 200 C for 16 min. Shake the basket twice.

Check if they are done.


No comments:

Post a Comment