Friday 9 June 2023

Asparagus and Potato Stew

A creamy way to enjoy vegetables either as a side dish with some meat or fish, or as a main meal.



After one week in Italy without any asparagus I need to eat some more before the season comes to an end at the 24th of this month.



I bought 1,5 kg white gold and peel 50% of it yesterday. I washed the peel and the offcuts and boiled them with sugar, salt and butter. After 10 minutes I added two peeled and quartered potatoes. I let them cook for 15 min and took them out. I poured the stock through a sieve to get the milky stock.



Flour and butter made the base of a roux. A bit of cold milk to loosen it and a good amount of asparagus stock. The sauce needed to thicken a little, but not too much. I dropped the small chunks of asparagus in to cook. After 15 min I added the cooked and chopped potatoes for an other 5 min.



I seasoned the sauce with 1 tsp veg stock paste, juice 1/2 lemon, nutmeg, salt and pepper.



For more creaminess 2 tbsp velveeta cheese were added and last a lot of chopped fresh herbs. Use what you have at home.




 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment