Thursday 1 June 2023

Tartufo Ice Cream with Pistacchios

I was visiting Tropea and after walking downhill a long way from the Busstop, I needed something to motivate me to walk up the hill later.



Our tourguide told us about the last trip of this week to Pizzo, Calabria. This is the capitol of Tartufo di Pizzo. An ice cream with a thick chocolate filling covered in vanilla ice cream and powdered cocoa. It has an AOC as a regional specialty.

We should wait for the last day of our tour. No way!

I sat with an other group member outside a Gelateria in Tropea. The ice cream menu showed a huge variety of ice creams. One caught my eye: Tartufo.

They had the basic one with vanilla, but a lot of other options. Since pistacchios are grown on the neighboring island of Sicilly and I love these green nuts, I ordered Tartufo Pistacchio.

It was topped with chopped pistacchios too. Very good. Now I am waiting to be blown away on Monday in Pizzo, when I eat the local one.


No comments:

Post a Comment