Sunday 18 June 2023

Es Timun Serup or Cucumber Drink

My cucumber plant behind the house is very busy. 2 days and 2 huge cucumbers to eat. 



Now I have to keep on my toes to harvest them smaller or earlier, otherwise I need to do lots of cucumber dishes. Wait, my tomatoes are getting red next.



YT Beryl Shereshewsky posted a video with cucumbers this week. This is the first that I remembered. It is from Indonesia.

That looks refreshing. As an evening drink a bit of white rum will make it in to a cocktail.



Ingredients:

1/2 large cucumber, 1/2 lime juiced

3/4 tsp sugar, 1 tsp basil seeds (I used chia seeds because I do not know where to get the basil seeds)

Soda water.

Bloom the seeds for 5 to 10 min and grate the cucumber. Add all ingredients, some ice if you like or put the jar in the fridge to cool down.

No comments:

Post a Comment