Monday 19 June 2023

Tropea Onion and Gorgonzola Pizza

The last 2 onions from my trip to Calabria are going in some dishes in the next days, I thought on Sunday. 



I decided to go for pizza. Some leftover pizza flour (just 85 g) and regular AP flour went in my Thermomix with the other ingredients to make a dough. In a covered bowl it rested about 90 min in the livingroom. Outside temp is high today and it is warm inside too.



The base done, I needed some inspiration what to put on the pizza with the Tropea onion. A chunk of Gorgonzola sitting in the fridge was a great second ingredient.



I did not use a tomato sauce base. Instead I mixed creme fraiche with Calabrien hot Peperoncini paste. Very spicy! That left a beautiful pink color on the pizza and gave it a light hot taste.



Ingredients:

230 g flour (pizza flour and AP flour)

200 ml warm water, 1 tsp dry yeast, 1 tsp salt, 2 tbsp olive oil

1 large red mild onion (tropea onion)

50 g Gorgonzola, parsley

2 heaped tsp creme fraiche, 1/3 tsp hot peperoni paste

Salt, pepper, Italian herbs

Bake at 250 C for 12 min.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment