Wednesday, 22 July 2026

Tirokafteri or Cheese spread

A Greek spread with sheep feta to dip some bread in.



The well known one is Tzaziki, made from Greek yogurt. This dip can be found everywhere, but Tirokafteri is mostly unknown outside of Greece.



It is a bit more substancial. Since there are no cucumbers in, it does not water down and can be served over 2 or 3 days.



I checked "Leckerschmecker" and found this recipe. I just added some fresh thyme and oregano, because I had some sitting on my cutting board from the Focaccia baking.



Recipe:

200 g sheep/goatmilk feta

150 g full fat Greek yogurt

2 tbsp olive oil

1/2 lemon juiced

1 garlic clove or 2 tsp paste

Paprika powder, little salt and pepper

Fresh thyme and oregano

Use a fork to break down the feta. Stir everything else in until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment