Monday 6 June 2016

ANIME Food, Gotcha Pork Roast

Who does not love bacon and mash?

I saw that on YT this morning at Runnyrunny999`s channel and thought, cool idea. I wanted to eat potato mash today anyway- some potatoes needed to get cooked soon, so I just checked my fridge and found a package of smoked bacon strips. And I was good to go.
As always, I ajusted the recipe a bit to my likes, so you get my version of runny´s.
With a side salad it makes two portions.

recipe: 
400 g potatoes
2 onions
3 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp oil
salt and pepper

Cook the potatoes in salted water and drain them. In the meantime, chop the onions and the garlic and saute it in butter and oil and season them. Mash the potoatoes and add the mixture. Spread it onto a wider surface to cool down a bit so you can handle it. Then make a large football out of it.



100 g smoked bacon
a couple of toothpicks
1 tbsp truffle oil
1/2 tsp herbes de Provence
1/2 paprika


Preheat oven 180 C
Wrap the ball in bacon strips so they overlap a bit and when you´ve closed it, put some toothpicks in to secure the bacon. With the mixture of oil and seasoning coat the bacon all around and sit in on to baking dish on a wire or on baking paper.

Make a sauce:
4 tbsp white wine
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp mirin
1 tsp honey
3 drops of chipotle tabasco
salt and pepper
1 green of a spring onion
some chives





No comments:

Post a Comment