Wednesday 3 October 2018

Grilled Cheese Sandwich

This is such a classic dish in so many countries, but not in Germany.


Only people who have been to the US or Great Britain know of it. Not so many prepare it here. I first heard of it when I saw a movie with Jonny Depp in Benny & Joon where he ironed a two slices of toast with some cheese in the middle. I thought it pretty strange, well but the whole movie was strange.


Later during several trips to the US I ate it there somewhere. But it was bland.


The SortedFood did serveral videos on grilled cheese sandwiches. They inspired me over the years to make my own kind. Now I have a good combination that tastes good.

2 doorstep slices of wheat/corn meal bread
Butter
Oregano dried
Bavarian mountain cheese
3 cheese slices
1 tbsp cream cheese with chives
Pepper


No comments:

Post a Comment